Tuesday, December 28, 2004

No fair

Ellen and Mike left today for Isla Mujeres. No fair!!!



I want to wake up with the breeze from the beach playing softly through my hair, throw on a suit and leave the room, bypassing the pool in favor of a light breakfast in the cafe down the street just past the main square.

To wander through the shopping district and then down the palm-tree lined 'main drag' to the beach and my swing at the bar. To order a cerveza en rocas con limon from Chucho, then head out to a beach chair to alternately lie lazily in the sunshine, read my book, and splash in the aqua blue water. Once I've had enough sun, I want to sit on my bar swing and watch the daytrippers troop back to their boats as the afternoon winds down. To head back for a change of clothes, then out to dinner at Rolandi's or Jax or Bamboo - or maybe I'll finally try that French bistro. To top the night off at Fayne's to hear the band, then on to La Pena for the after-hours party - though I've now heard they have a new late-night hot spot, Nitrox. That clientele might be a little on the teenager side, though. Tomorrow I could handle some scuba diving or look into the whole "swim with the dolphins" thing, but that's what I'd be doing today. It's the dead of winter, when Christmas is over so the cold serves absolutely no purpose, and my bikini is calling my name.



No fair.

No comments: