Monday, April 19, 2004

Meanwhile, 18 days until I leave for Isla Mujeres. Gretchen offered to pick up the tab for airfare with her miles, so all I've got to pay is the $45 per night in room fees. For many, many reasons I sooo need this. I'd put exclamation points after that last sentence, but they won't give me enough bandwidth for all of them.



I'm gonna get me a tan and a new bikini or two, then hit the beach and do some serious contemplating on the direction I want my life to take - over a few margaritas, of course. Wisdom shall be mine.



However, I will be staying far, far away from any of the "numerous female idols honoring the Mayan Goddess of Fertility, Ixchel."



Does anyone know if there's some kind of medication you can take before you go so the water won't make you so sick? I don't mind drinking bottled water, but if I can't get fresh fruit and veggies I'm going to a) gain weight, and b) be seriously annoyed. I do intend to steer clear from dirty food and wash everything, but if the water you're washing it in isn't clean. . . argh.

No comments: