Tuesday, May 10, 2005

It's the Economy, Stupid

I never took either macro or micro, but this is an interesting economics question:

...all forms of consequentialism have a great deal of difficulty interpreting sexual behavior. To put things short, there is an inexplicable shortage of sex. Given that studies show that women and men enjoy it more than most other activities (on average, not on the margin I'll grant), and given its intrinsically low cost, it appears that even a crude approximation of a utility maximizing person would probably spend much more time having sex than most do. Do you know of any economic discussion of this?


Theories are posted here, here and here. I've no clue. I don't even know if my marginal utility has a gap.

Would you tell me, if it did? Or just peep a little?

No comments: