Tuesday, January 03, 2006

60 Questions

I got one of those "know your friends" things emailed to me, and I decided it would make a good quiz substitute for a Monday:

1. What time did you get up this morning? The alarm was set for 4:45. I got up at 5:15. Behold the power of snooze.

2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds are a girl’s best friend.

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

4. What’s your favorite TV show? I TIVO Battlestar Galactica. I’m still looking for a good replacement for Sex and the City. Will and Grace has its moments.

5. What did you have for breakfast this morning? Coffee.

6. What's your favorite cuisine? Italian or Japanese, I suppose. Though my favorite thing to do is find something I’ve not tried yet, like Lebanese or (oddly enough) French.

7. What foods do you dislike? Refried beans, ketchup, weird casseroles.

8. What is your favorite chip flavor? Kettle-cooked potato chips.

9. Whats your favorite CD at the moment? My own mixes. No need to ever skip over another crappy song.

10. What kind of car do you drive? Right now, a rental car.

11. What’s your favorite sandwich? Peanut butter without jelly. Yep, I’m odd.

12. What characteristics do you despise? Pretentiousness, dogmatism.

13. Favorite item of clothing? Right now? My coat. It’s winter, people.

14. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? I’d take one of those sailing cruises around the Caribbean where you can learn to sail an old-fashioned ship, or flit around Europe for a few weeks with no itinerary but a map and a whim. Kayaking through the sea-caves in the Pacific Rim also sounds cool.

15. What color is your bathroom(s)? A very hideous pink scheme imposed on me by the previous owners. Thank God they couldn’t find stick-on flamingos.

16. Favorite brand of clothing? Probably Gianni Bini or Elie Tahari. Way too freaking expensive, but you gotta love it when you can score big on a sale.

17. Where would you retire? To my own incredibly lavish country estate. Barring that, a nice house in an artsy neighborhood would be cool.

18. Favorite time of the day? 7:00 p.m. Work’s over, and it’s too early to start worrying about what I have to do tomorrow.

19. What was your most memorable birthday? 1999, obviously.

20. Where were you born? Winfield, Illinois.

21. Favorite sport to watch? What is this “sport” of which you speak?

22. Who do you least expect to send this back to you? Depends on how work’s going – it could be I’m totally ignored.

23. Person you expect to send it back first? I never know. Besides, I'm posting rather than forwarding. Saves on the email postage.

24. What fabric detergent do you use? Scent-free Tide. You can dry the clothes a day or two later without them getting that weird smell.

25. Were you named after anyone? My family does it by middle name. Mine is Lisa, for an aunt.

26. Do you wish on stars? Stars, birthday candles . . . I’d wish on a wad of chewed gum if it’ll help.

27. When did you last cry? My birthday.

28. Do you like your handwriting? For aesthetics, yes. Speed, no.

29. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you? Depends on who I am as this other person.

30. Are you a daredevil? Mostly. Particularly if it involves actual dares.

31. Do looks matter? Okay, here’s the deal: there’s a sliding scale between looks and personality. If a person is grossly hideous, I probably won’t be able to get past it even with a good personality. Sorry. Barring that, personality and intelligence can generally make up for most defects in physical looks. Conversely, if you have a personality that is annoying or malicious, even you look like a movie star I’m not going near you.

32. How do you release anger? Minor irritants I’ll talk out with friends, or put some loud music on the MP3 and stomp it out on the treadmill, or drive around (also to loud music). Major hurts mean I will isolate myself until I am able to suppress it, which I'll do until it goes away.

33. Where is your second home? Second home? I can hardly make the mortgage on a first one. Who are you people, anyway?

34. What class in High School was totally useless? Gym. I mean, seriously.

35. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Ya think?

36. Favorite movie?
Far too many to name.

38. What are your nicknames? The name I go by normally is an abbreviated nickname.

39. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? I unzip or unbuckle them. Does that count?

40. Do you think that you are strong? In some ways, stronger than I’d ever thought. In others, not so much.

41. What's your favorite ice cream flavor? Double fudge brownie.

42. What are your favorite colors? Forest green, eggplant, chocolate brown.

43. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? I hate not having a better filter against pain, and not learning my lesson the first several times I’ve been hurt by someone.

44. Who do you miss the most? My mom.

45. Do you want everyone you sent this to send it back? No, I have a twisted desire to be ignored by all my friends. I'm like that. You said something about sarcasm??

46. What color pants are you wearing? Um . . . none? I wear skirts to work, mostly.

47. What are you listening to right now? Breathe by Anna Nahlick.

48. Last thing you ate?
Szechuan chicken, extra hot.

49. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Blue-green. According to the Crayola website, this means I'm *cold* *calm* *relaxed* *loyal* *melancholy*. Go figure.

50. Last person you talked to on the phone? My insurance adjuster. Yippee.

51. What is the first thing you notice about the opposite sex? I’ve got more of a holistic approach, I rarely notice particular body parts right away unless they’re exceedingly unusual (either good or bad).

52. Favorite Drink? Wine: Pinot Noir, probably. Beer: Blue Moon. Mixed: Depends on my mood.

53. Do you wear contacts? Yes.

54. Favorite Day(s) of the Year? The day I leave on one of those cool vacations. See above.

55. Scary Movies or Happy Endings? How about scary movies with happy endings?

56. Summer or Winter?
Spring and summer. I need the sun.

57. Hugs OR Kisses? Depends: from whom?

58. What Is Your Favorite Dessert? Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting.

59. What Book are you Currently Reading? David Sedaris’ Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim, a collection of short stories by HP Lovecraft, The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova, and Playing with Boys by Alisa Valdes Rodriguez.

60. What's On Your Mouse Pad? At home: nothing. Just a solid green color. At work: they’ve got the Dell logo thing issued to us.

No comments: