Thursday, June 02, 2005

Travel Blogging IV

Things got a bit hectic toward the end, but I'll wrap up with a few more shots. After the gospel brunch, we did another quick driving tour of areas in town. My brother had suggested we visit one of the old cemeteries, but we didn't know where it was, so that will have to wait. In the meantime, I did get a shot of one of the not-so-old ones. We also visited the City Park, which was not so well kept up as the other one. But I got a good shot of another live oak, this one strewn with straggly spanish moss. And Kele got to play for a few minutes in Storyland. Here, she finds Snow White asleep. As we approached, she got really nervous. She really thought the statute was about to wake up. Mark acted like he was going to kiss her - I told him he should seriously consider some disinfectant first.

We went out to dinner at an Italian place whose name escapes me, and the food was awesome, but I started to get just too tired and a little nervous about the trip back to worry about my amateur photojournalism. Sorry.

On the very long route through western Arkansas and some of the mountains out there. I experimented with taking a few scenery shots by just pressing the button on the camera while the car was moving.

Anyway, that's my spontaneous trip to New Orleans. Thanks Danette and Mark for putting me up and acting as awesome tour guides. It's great to have friends in cool places.

No comments: