Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Stupid Dog

Don't get me wrong, I like my dad's dog. A typical kids' dog, she's outstanding for pure love and patience - the ability to tolerate kids pulling at various parts of her body that really shouldn't be touched and actually like it.

That said, my father and brothers have tried to impress me with her intelligence and potential as a great hunting dog. Ooookaaay - not so much.

I finally won my point.

She was over at my house while they were working on the lawnmower. On the property next door, there's a chain strung between two trees, to keep people off the land. It's a nice, thick chain. When the dog got tired of running up the stairs to my deck and then jumping off the side (about a 5' drop) she decides to go tear around the yard for awhile. Until she runs smack into the chain and breaks off her canine tooth and the one behind it.


Of course, the vet wants $500-$600 just to pull the damn tooth, no reconstruction involved. WTF? That would pay for a ton of caps in people-dentistry.


Stupid dog.

No comments: