Friday, June 24, 2005

Okay, now it's Friday. You know the drill: show up or . . . or you won't get any beer. Can you really think of a worse punishment?

Then again, you will have to hang out with the blog people. We're scary, you know.


THE INFO




IOWA BLOGGER BASH - THE EASTERN DIVISION

WHO:Iowa Bloggers
Readers
Commenters
Who am I kidding? Anyone who'll buy me a beer.
WHERE:The Old Capitol Brew Works Public House
WHEN:7:30 - ??? on Friday, June 24, 2005.


MAP





It has wi-fi, a nice menu, it's own microbrews, and a decent-sized patio if we want to sit outside. Old-timers will recognize it as the bar formerly known as Fitzpatrick's.
THE INCENTIVE


Well, so far we've got at least Jeff and Deb coming from the mid-state region, with a definite maybe from Royce (Aw, come on. I don't think they have a dart board, so you don't have to worry. ). There are a bunch of others who've emailed their intent to be there to me privately - I'll take them as a yes unless otherwise notified.

From here, I've gotten a tentative yes from Tung Yin, a yes from Matt, and deafening silence from the rest of the usual suspects. Of course, that's fairly standard for us - the weekend plans generally start out with an email around noon on Friday entitled "Poker?" So I'm presuming they'll about all make it.

No comments: