Friday, October 01, 2004

More Theater Blogging

Last night's opening went very well, with two critiques: there was a long pause in the first piece when a dropped line led a character not to come in during a critical moment. The fourth piece still needs to be trimmed, it ran too long and I think the audience got restless. I flubbed my line in it, so apologies all around. I did have a lot of last-minute fun with the costuming for that bit, though. I took the description of my character at face value and really tried to look as though I'd been up at night piercing every orifice of my body and hyped myself up on way too much caffiene to compensate. Mismatched random hairclips, tie-dye, and a really freaky attitude.



The other pieces I was in went off basically without a hitch. Kit Gerken was freaking hilarious, the hilight of the show.



It was quite cool to be able to converse with the writers afterward, to hear how we had or hadn't brought out their original vision for the script. All in all, It could still use some work, but we really threw this one together last-minute. A nice performance all around.



Another update on Metamorphoses photos: there are some reeeaallyy cooolll unofficial photos here. Of course, if I put any more up in the lineup I'll probably totally tank my load time, so go to the link if you're interested in seeing them.

No comments: