Thursday, October 21, 2004

Halloween Stuff

Homercles has a post on buying the old Karloff movie "the Mummy." I loved that one. I also saw another version once when I was a kid, where they were showing the Pharoh being buried and they killed all his concubines. I remember all the girls crossing their arms as some barechested guy with a sword hovered in the background. Scared the crap out of me. I wonder who did that one? My favorite was always the Haunting, an old version of the Shirley Jackson novel. That pounding in the hall was reeeeaallly creepy, and watching the main character slowly go crazy? Got me every time. I'd watch that and the Hound of the Baskervilles - the Basil Rathbone version - late at night with real popcorn made on the stove and plenty of butter. The new Haunting movie was just stupid, IMHO, with moving walls and stuff. Left nothing to the imagination.



Meanwhile, Fitz-Hume has some costume suggestions for couples.

No comments: