Monday, January 10, 2005

I Stand Corrected, Greenman

The funeral went fairly well, except for one minor incident involving another aunt, this time on my Dad's side of the family, passing out and needing EMT's at a restaurant during the post-wake dinner. She was so white that for a moment I thought she'd had a stroke and we'd be making it a double event. Geez. So yesterday I'm talking with Greenman and I make some joke about at least things can't get to much worse - I've only so many relatives left, you know. His response: he'd rather see me say 'Macbeth' onstage than say that, it always leads to badness. So I knock on wood and throw a pinch of salt over my shoulder and shrug it off. So I get home to find out another relative is out of a job, and wake up to discover my propane tank ran out overnight and the house is freezing. Guess I won't be using that phrase anymore.

No comments: