Thursday, January 13, 2005

I'm Leaving On a Jet Plane

I've got to fly to Kansas City this morning for a mediation tomorrow. I hate flying in winter. I'm always looking out the window of the plane, trying to see if they remembered to de-ice the wings. I'd feel much better if they had a little gadget that would flash green when they've been properly doused in whatever ungodly chemicals they use, so I could just relax. On the upside, I'm going to take my home laptop with me instead of my work one, after transferring the relevant files. I want to re-try the whole "wireless" thing. (It didn't work last week in Chicago). Blogging from the terminal bar would be cool.



Speaking of terminal, we got the diagnosis on Dad. Okay, bad segue, but really, what can you say? It's all a tad much, but we're coping. It's not immediate, and chemo can conceivably put it off for a while, but ultimately it's a reminder to take the time to connect with people because you really never know how long you're going to have them.



And on a more positive note, I got the word I'm gonna play Hedda. Yay! It's going to be a ton of work, so I'm taking the play with me and banning all other reading material for the immediate future. I finished Scarlatti (#2 for the 50 book challenge) yesterday - the ending was far weaker if you're expecting the typical Ludlum showdown for a climax, but there was a lot less serendipity and artificiality in the plot as a whole than in his late stuff.



I'll check in as I can.



Did I mention I'm going to play Hedda?

No comments: