Tuesday, March 23, 2004

 Ooh! Ooh! We're on the web!





ROSENSTRASSE

April 16, 17, 23, 24





by Terry Lawrence

directed by Pauline Tyer (and Matt Brewbaker - my note)

assistant directed by Evelyn Stanske



The play is based on a true story of love and non-violent resistance in Nazi Berlin. Five non-Jewish women struggle to secure the release of their Jewish husbands from the Nazis.





Cast:



Anna - Annette Rohke

Lise - Paula Grady

Sophie - Madonna Smith

Baroness - Caroline Oster

Katerina - Kris Borchert

6 Women - Deone Pedersen

Major - David Hale

Sargeant - Chuck Dufano

Young Soldier - Daniel Fairchild



We're just a few weeks into rehearsals, but I can't tell you enough about what a professional, altogether kind group of people they have here. This is my first drama, having only recently gotten back into theater, and I was quite concerned about my ability to pull off such a major role in a dramatic production. Comedy is one thing - you can always pull out a bit of schtick to get a laugh if necessary. But drama has to be real, if you know what I mean. If you're in the area at the time we go up, come check it out.

No comments: