Friday, March 03, 2006

Things I Learned on the 'Net This Week

People in the Middle East may be a tad misinformed about American customs.

You can search the Invisible Web for all those original documents stored on deep databases that you know is out there but can't get Google to hit on.

There's a program called Deskpins that lets you set any program to be "always on top." Handy for tax season: keeping the calculator on top. I've been waiting for that one.

You can fix scratched CD's with toothpaste. I wish I'd known that before I finally tossed the scratched CD that had held the draft of the first nine chapters of a novel I'd written. Dammit. I never went back to it once it was lost, it was too traumatic.

The future of our government? It would be hilarious if it weren't so close to being accurate.

Carnival of the Etymologies on "Done with Mirrors" presents Words You Didn't Know Were Rude.

Sex is dangerous. (vision problems???)

No comments: