Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Quick Bits

Hey, I agree with the Des Moines Register for once.


_________________________________________________________


Want a real good example of a classic case of domestic violence?

_________________________________________________________


From a phone conversation this morning:
Her: How can I help you?

Me: I have a scheduled cable hook-up next Tuesday, and I'd like to change the order to add a TIVO box.

Her: Could you give me your address?

Me: Okay . . . . (rattles off new address).

Her: Is that a new development?

Me: Not really sure. It might be.

(long pause)

Her: Well, we'll need to send a technician out to determine servicability in your area. That will take three to four business days.

Me: I'm sorry, no, I already have an appointment for hookup scheduled. It's this Tuesday from 5:00 to 7:00. I just want to add the TIVO to it.

Her: What's your name again?

Me: (repeats it)

Her: Could I have the phone number of the residence?

Me: (gives that to her)

Her: Could I have your social security number?

Me: (gives that, too)

Her: Oh, now I see it. You're scheduled for installation from 5:00 to 7:00 pm on Tuesday, March 7th. . . . . (long pause). . . . . Is there anything else I can help you with?

*Sigh*. Not the shiniest ornament on the Christmas tree, are you? The rest of the conversation took another forty-five minutes. At the end of it, she told me that the addition of the TIVO would change my installation appointment. . . . to Tuesday, March 7th from 5:00 to 7:00 pm. I didn't argue.

While we're touching on the subject of television: anyone planning on watching Battlestar Galactica this Friday? Would you like company? Or to DVD or tape it for me?

Pretty please?

No comments: