Monday, September 20, 2004

Personal update:



We closed Metamorphoses this weekend, and I'm really bummed it's over. We had a cast party on Friday night, and I'm glad I decided to stick to my two-drink pre-wedding minimum because dang those Chicago guys know how to make a wicked Cosmopolitan. Three would've completely knocked my on my posterior.



The wedding went off just fine (I'd have said without a hitch, but technically . . . ). Mom was able to get her party face on and everyone had a good time for a while. My brothers managed to make several rooms full of toys disappear from my nephew's birthay the day before, and had everything dusted and vaccuumed for her. I didn't know they had the skills. (Just kidding, guys). When life is so nasty, you've just got to take the good moments where you can find them. I could almost forget everything that was going on for a while. Then she tried to get up and couldn't, and was trying so hard to explain why she couldn't go to my play (which I completely understood and did NOT expect her to go), and so perspective returned. It's hard thinking she'll never get to see me in another.



(Sigh)



On to the next crisis. I'll have to check my giant sh*t dayrunner. By the way, thanks so much for all the kind comments, everyone. I'm just venting a bit in writing so I can stay more off these topics in person, and perhaps be a little less whiny.

No comments: