Thursday, September 09, 2004

Final dress rehearsal for Metamorphoses tonight. Don't think I was kidding about the effects being worth the price of admission: I got a miscellaneous email on acting details from Chris Okiishi this morning, sent at 3:19 am after he and the tech crew got done with setting the cues and stuff. That's an incredible amount of work - they'd started at 7:30 or so.



We've got explosions, light effects, projection effects, microphones, a cherry picker (don't go there) and all kinds of stuff to coordinate, before even touching on the acting itself. We've got some awesome costumes, too. I seriously hope all the tech crew and Chris took today off.



Regardless, if everything works it should be reaalllly cool. If not, cross your fingers we don't get electrocuted. Given Allergist's Wife, I'm not kidding, guys. And I prefer a "good show" to "break a leg" for the forseeable future.



The actors got to go home early last night because we were basically freezing our behinds off. The pool is heated, but getting out is a bitch. Poor Rich had to lie half in and half out for a good ten minutes while they set light cues at the end of Alcyone and Ceyx. I think he was still half frozen when we left the post-rehearsal dinner at Old Chicago around midnight. I hope he'll be thawed by the time we start at 6:30.



We also got some press in the DI. Okay, the avid/Ovid bit? Not so incredibly funny. And Pat Keyes is not Narcissus, I don't know what's up with that. But otherwise, quite cool that we get a little publicity. I'm told we're even going to get reviewed in the Gazette, and possibly on 102.9 on Monday, so look for us.



No comments: