Thursday, July 14, 2005

I'm Back - Sort of

Lots of things going on and being out of town = light blogging. Bear with me. Actually, I've been doing some work on the blog, but not things you've likely noticed.

Given the proliferation of articles about blogging and professionalism such as this one noticed by Evan Schaeffer, I've been thinking a lot lately about this blog-thingy. Although I'm not on the job market now, there's always a chance I could want to make a change someday, get back into a more courtroom-oriented position. Besides, I'm always subject to depositions or courtroom appearances as a corporate representative. While most of my posts are legal in nature, I can have a rather sarcastic sense of humor which I generally don't engage in while on my best "professional" behavior. Taken out of context, some of the things I say could be, um, interesting. The character photos could also look odd (to say the least) juxtaposed against my usual courtroom suitwear. I'm not silly enough to post anything compromising, but still . . . .

I could wait until the issue comes up, but Googling is a fairly simple process, and those darn caches stick around for a very, very, very, very long time. Waiting until I'm actually on the spot would be waiting too long.

So, I'm splintering off and putting the personal/snarky/potential blackmail items on the side, anonymous-type blog, and reserving this for the more intellectual commentary. I need to think on what to do with the theater stuff, it may end up getting split between the two depending on the subject matter.

The upshot: some of the past posts are disappearing, chronologically starting with the oldest. They're not gone, just saved as drafts for now. They will reappear eventually on the other blog. To do this involves a massive copy-edit-paste effort that's going to run several weeks. It's boring, it eats up my designated blog time, and I have a gagillion things I'd rather be doing. But it's either that or tank the old posts, and post nothing that could haunt me from here on out. Somehow that's just not my style.

No comments: