Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Yikes

I've got four new suits and mind-bending memos on Missouri UM and subrogation to finish today. Not good for blogging. Must conserve brain cells. So here's my best lunchtime effort on a roundup:

Randy Barnett at the Volokh Conspiracy illustrates why I will never be considered a highly successful attorney:

"One of the things I really enjoy about a pool-side vacation is how much work I am able to get done."
_____________________________________

In case you didn't see it: Tusk and Talon posted on proposed national ceiling fan standards.
_____________________________________

Yay! Dreamwell's got a fun new home!!! Centrally located and everything. I highly recommend seeing Book of Liz. Funniest thing I saw all year.
_____________________________________

State 29 has a ton of new stuff up:
First, it sounds like we've all got the official government approval to go 70 on the interstate.

Second, he's got this very detailed expose on the financial backing for the proposed racetrack in Newton. It's a must-read.

Third, he's been linked by Michelle Malkin for noting the Moveon.org talking points sent to members in order to have them plaster the 'letters to the editor' page. To be fair, I've seen these tactics used by Republicans, too.

Finally, don't think I missed the passing suggestions I consider running for governor here and here. I'd like to preemptively decline any further suggestions: I think I effectively squelched any gubanatorial chances I may ever have by even participating in Unzipped, though as State indicates here, I did not reveal anything. By Saturday, I'll admit it was suggested I model some body paint. I declined, but that's kind of like making the "I didn't inhale" argument, so I think my political career is over.

(ED: H*ll, who am I kidding? It was over by the time I graduated high school, guys. Just ask Not the Moonbat (who should only reply by vague assurances - remember, my dad reads this . . . )
_____________________________________

Seen Waiter Rant lately? It's still hilarious. via Shallow Thoughts from Iowa.
_____________________________________

Omigod, this is so sad. And yet wonderful at the same time.
_____________________________________

I see what happens when I miss the weekly poker game. Foaffers are let in, and chaos ensues. Geez. What mental age is he, two? Most of us learned how to lose in, oh, grade school?
_____________________________________

To me, this just sounds like a challenge. (NY Times again, randommentality/password).
_____________________________________

Just for Mathman: Dave Barry issues an important warning to single guys contemplating marriage. Don't say you were never warned.
_____________________________________

Oh, and Dan Hogberg links to the first video I've seen of tarping. Yeah, it kinda seems like fun. But I've got one word for you: rollerblades.
_____________________________________

UPDATE: More on Unzipped here.

No comments: