Monday, April 25, 2005

Back to Iowa

On the upside, they do have some very nice places to eat in Kansas City, and I got quite a bit accomplished. On the downside, I'm now two days behind on my regular stuff. It's fine when it's a "punishment" for taking an awesome vacation, but this??

On tech: I've rigged my yahoo email to work with my cell phone. Now I can obsessively check all personal message outlets any time of the day or night. Or open those directional emails people send me that I really should've printed out before I left instead of trying to memorize it, and cut about half an hour off my lateness factor.

On theater: I got this in my inbox -

Something Funny is going on at the Old Capitol Town Center Dreamwell Theatre to Open its Doors May 20

Something Sedaris-ly funny is happening at Old Capitol Town Center… and you’re invited!

To celebrate the grand opening of our new space in the Old Capitol Town Center, we’ve decided to bring back Amy and David Sedaris’ The Book of Liz, which played to sold out crowds last year. Ruby Nancy of the Quad City Times called the show a “comic odyssey ... well worth seeing.” Performances will be one weekend only - May 20 and 21 at 8 pm.

Witness the hilarious adventures of Sister Elizabeth Donderstock, a member of the Amish-like "Squeamish" sect, who feels unappreciated when a newcomer takes over her role in the small community of Clusterhaven. Trying her luck in the outside world, Sister Liz encounters Mr. Peanut, Ukrainian immigrants with Cockney accents, and a restaurant full of recovering alcoholics and other 12-steppers.

Join us May 20 after the show for food and drink as we celebrate our entry into the downtown Iowa City cultural landscape with door prizes, laughs, and maybe a toast or two. Tickets ($12 Adults, $10 Seniors, $8 Students) can be reserved at www.dreamwell.com or by calling 319-541-0140. The Dreamwell Theatre Space is located on the second floor of the Old Capitol Town Center at 201 S. Clinton Street.

The Book of Liz
By Amy and David Sedaris

Director:
Jeff Shields

Cast:
Elizabeth Donderstock - Chris Hunt
Rev Tollhouse and more - Kevin Burford
Sister Butterworth and more - Madonna Smith
Brother Nathaniel Brightbee and more - Josh Sazon


Yay!!!!


The rest'll have to wait until I get breathing space.

No comments: