Monday, July 12, 2004

Thanks to everyone who wished us well for the performance of The Tale of the Allergist's Wife at City Circle last weekend.



(NOTE: We no longer say "break a leg" in this show. It was taken waaayyy too literally.)



For those of you who are wondering: In the most awesome bit of memorization I've ever witnessed, Jaret Morlan was able to pull off the role of Ira sans script on Friday night. This was two days after his first rehearsal. I am truly amazed.



The only real problems on opening night: 1) Phantom doorbells and other wierd sound cues wafting throughout the performance. 2) Me tripping while carrying a glass of sprite after the blackout on Act I, Scene 2. No, I didn't break anything. I just looked like a total idiot.



Regardless, we're still looking for an old priest and a young priest to do the exorcism. I'm told the actors from Avow won't count.



To quote one of the techies, live theater done in a 'combat situation' provides "a bigger rush than cocaine - and it's legal." I think it will take another two weeks for the adreneline to leave my system.



The rest of the weekend's runs were smooth. We've now a two day hiatus before rehearsal Wednesday and this week's performances on Thu-Sun. Audience feedback is very positive, and it looks like this train wreck could be a success after all.



Knock on wood.



No comments: