Wednesday, May 05, 2004

I'm in the middle of that last-day-before-vacation work crunch. Anything I don't get done this afternoon will be squatting in my in-box glaring at me upon my return, along with fifty or sixty friends it will have picked up while I'm gone. I've got a bunch of topics to blog on, just no time to do it - the Murphy's law of blogging: the amount of material you have to blog is always in inverse proportion to the time you have for blogging.



I may try to sneak some in this afternoon, otherwise I'll just have to drown my sorrows in a few Margaritas while I'm on Isla Mujeres. I've never really been to Mexico, so this should be a blast. I keep coming up with more things I forgot to pack.



The picture I set as my desktop background shows this colorful little boutique. I really like a couple of the skirts. I've already been window shopping, and I haven't even left the office yet.



I'm hoping to take a refresher scuba course and do a little low-key diving. I am in no way PADI certified but it's such a cool way to spend an afternoon.



But above all, I don't think the cell phone will operate there and I'm not gonna lug my laptop through O'Hare and Dallas International, so I'll be utterly out of touch with everything for the duration. Yay!



Vacaciones, vacaciones

Deseo nadar en el mar

Vacaciones, vacaciones

Deseo con usted bailar



Vacaciones, vacaciones

Déme otro tequila

Vacaciones, vacaciones

Vayamos a hacer compras





(Tune of La Cucaracha. Yes, I'm aware the grammar reeks. It's a drinking song, get over it.)



No comments: