Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Random Stuff

1) September trunk and fashion shows in Chicago! (Must resist. . . . Unless I can find another really, really good excuse to visit . . . . . . . . haven't seen my grandmother in a while . . . . )

2) The Sci-Fi channel is posting "Webisodes" of Battlestar Galactica. From the Trib:
The makers of the critically acclaimed series will help bridge the gap between the end of last season and the new season, which debuts Oct. 6, with an online mini-series called "Battlestar Galactica: The Resistance," Zap2it.com reports. The first of 10 episodes went online Tuesday. Episodes will appear every Tuesday and Thursday for the next five weeks.

While viewing the episodes won't be essential to follow the season-three story, "The Resistance" does promise to bridge some gaps between the season two finale--which ended with Cylons descending on the newly colonized planet of New Caprica after President Gaius Baltar's (James Callis) surrender--and the new episodes.

The Webisodes focus on some of "Galactica's" supporting players. The first picks up about two months after the finale, with Tigh (Michael Hogan) and Chief Tyrol (Aaron Douglas) trying to organize a resistance.


3) Waiterrant is as good as ever:
Top Ten Quotes
By waiter on Uncategorized
Here are the top ten quotes from the lovely customers I had the pleasure of serving this Labor Day Weekend.
1) “I want Diet Coke in my Absolut. Not a Diet Coke and Absolut.”
2) “I want a Cosmo. Not a lot of fruity stuff! And don’t be cheap with the vodka!”
3) “This Apple Strudel’s not what my mother used to make. I don’t want it! Send it back!”
4) “This salad looks like a circumcision.” (It was a cured beef Carpaccio, actually)
5) “Give him a nice tip. He didn’t fuck up our order.”
6) “Excuse us waiter, we’re talking about lubrication.”
7) “Our waitress has too much hair.”
8) “My gift certificate expired two years ago. Can I still use it?”
9) “I don’t think the waitress understood our order. Those people usually don’t speak English well.” (Waitress is Latino)
10) “This food’s so good I’d stick my dick in it.”
You can’t make this stuff up.

Check it out.

4) Above the Law has a beauty contest for Erisa Lawyers. Link courtesy of Joe, so don't blame me if you go blind. Oh, and he also posts on changes in the Iowa administrative code on tax laws. So you might want to read that one first.

Okay, I have to get back to real work now.

No comments: