Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Risky Business

A Consumer Reports telephone survey of 1,000 adults apparently shows that we're all living on the edge:
It found nearly 3 of every 4 Americans put cotton swabs inside their ears, risking a perforated eardrum. Nearly 4 in 10 admit eating raw cookie dough, which can carry salmonella.

Only half the respondents have a carbon monoxide detector at home and 61 percent don't have a rubber mat in the shower. Thirteen percent admitted sometimes drinking beer while using power tools.

Q-tips being used in the ear!!! I'll bet we've run with scissors, too. Raw cookie dough!!! OMIGOD! Never mind that most of us have eaten that our entire lives without ill effects. No rubber mat in the shower!!!! (Side note: does anyone still need those? I mean, about every shower I've been in since the eighties has a non-slip floor). Drinking beer using power tools!!! Wait . . . Dammit, I just spilled my Blue Moon all over the electric stapler.

No comments: